To view all barristers click here
QualificationsLL.B Experienced Arbitrator and Mediator (catastrophic injury, commercial and Mining Act disputes among others)
Background:Peter has extensive experience in a wide range of first instance trials and appeals. In recent years his main areas of practice have been:
- Common Law – Peter has appeared for the State of NSW in the defence of major malicious prosecution/misfeasance in public office actions and is currently briefed on behalf of the State in such matters. He has conducted appeals in the NSW Court of Appeal in such matters. He has been briefed in many catastrophic injury and medical negligence matters including trials, appeals and mediations.
- Criminal Law – advising on and conducting trials of substantial prosecutions in developing areas such as terrorism offences, international tax fraud/money laundering offences, common law offences by members of parliament, cartel offences and corporate offences.
- Peter has conducted a number of High Court appeals and special leave applications as well as appeals in the Court of Criminal Appeal in some of these and other areas. He is currently briefed, inter alia, in the prosecution of major cartel offences, tax fraud and related offences and misconduct in public office offences. He is currently advising the ACCC/CDPP and the CDPP/ASIC in a range of potential prosecutions.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Peter is an experienced Arbitrator and Mediator and has conducted and appeared in a range of matters.
- Inquests and Commission of Inquiry – Peter has acted as an Assistant ICAC Commissioner and has appeared as Senior Counsel Assisting both the ICAC and the former PIC as well as clients before the ICAC.
- Professional discipline – Peter has acted for members of the legal and other professions in various disciplinary and related proceedings including appeals in the NSW Court of Appeal.
Previous Background:Partner, N J Neil & Co 1973-1975 Partner, Greaves Wannan & Williams 1975-1977
 For instance the prosecutions for the common law offence of misconduct in public office of Edward Moses Obeid and Ian Macdonald, both former Ministers of the Crown and Members of the NSW Parliament.