To view all barristers click here
Called to the bar in 2015
Areas of practice
Meaghan has experience in all jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the District Court of New South Wales (including the Dust Diseases List), the Local Court of New South Wales and Children’s Court. Meaghan also appears before the Industrial Relations Commission, the Mental Health Review Tribunal, NCAT, the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission, ICAC, the State Parole Authority and the Land and Environment Court.
Meaghan’s vast experience across all aspects of the criminal and quasi criminal sphere in NSW provides an excellent foundation for appearing in hearings, sentences and jury trials for both prosecution and defence, before Tribunals or Commissions for inquests, corruption inquiries, special commissions of inquiry and Royal Commissions, administrative review, disciplinary proceedings or advising on the sufficiency of evidence and appeal prospects. Meaghan accepts briefs to advise and appear in all Australian Courts and Tribunals.
Meaghan previously held roles as Senior Solicitor with the NSW DPP, Crown Solicitor’s Office and the then Criminal Law Review Division of the Attorney-General’s Department. Meaghan also held roles as Principal Lawyer with the Independent Commission Against Corruption and the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation acting for SafeWork NSW in work, health and safety prosecutions and the State Insurance Regulatory Authority for workers compensation and fraud cases.
Meaghan also had stints overseas in policy working with UNICEF in East Timor as an assistant child protection officer and as a prosecutions lawyer in the London Borough of Haringey prosecuting regulatory offences in various Magistrates and County Courts.
- 2015 Called to the Bar of New South Wales
- 2015 Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- 2003 Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2005 Master of International Law, University of New South Wales
- 2002 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2002 Bachelor of Arts (Hons in English Literature) / Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney
- 2015 – Present, Barrister
- 2014-2015 – NSW ODPP – Court of Criminal Appeal Unit
- 2012-2014 – Independent Commission Against Corruption
- 2010 – 2012 – NSW Crown Solicitor’s Office - Criminal Law and Inquiries Teams
- 2007-2010 – NSW ODPP – including Legal Adviser to Director Cowdery AO QC
- 2006 -2007 – Senior Lawyer – NSW Coal Compensation Board
- 2005 – Prosecutions Lawyer – London Borough of Haringey
- 2003 – Child Protection Officer UNICEF East Timor
- 2002 – NSW Office of the Director of Pubic Prosecutions (NSW ODPP)
- Member, New South Wales, Bar Association
- Kennedy v R  NSWCCA 114 (led by M Johnston SC)
- Snowy Monaro Regional Council v Tropic Asphalts Pty Ltd  NSWCCA 202 (led by T Hale SC)
- Snowy Monaro Regional Council v Tropic Asphalts Pty Ltd  HCASL 86 (20 March 2019) (led by T Hale SC)
- R v Kiss  NSWDC (unled)
- Regina v Kaewklom  NSWDC (unled)
- R v Lineham  NSWDC 247 (unled)
- R v Lineham (No 2)  NSWDC 311 (unled)
- Operation Elgar – Independent Commission Against Corruption –on behalf of University of Sydney (led by P Griffin SC)
- Coronial Inquest into the Death of Peter Domachek – (2015) for the family of the deceased
- Coronial Inquest into the Death of Mark Lucic (2015) – for NSW Ambulance