To view all barristers click here
Emilija was admitted as a solicitor in 2012 and called to the Bar in 2021. Emilija accepts briefs in all areas of law. Her principal areas of practice are criminal, inquests and inquiries, regulatory and public law.
She has appeared unled in numerous jury and judge-alone trials in the Supreme and District Courts in New South Wales and the ACT.
Prior to the coming to the Bar, Emilija practised as a Senior Lawyer in Dispute Resolution at the Australian Government Solicitor. She has assisted in inquiries including coronial inquests, prosecutions and applications for Interim Control Orders under the Criminal Code 1995 (Cth).
Emilija has appeared unled in over 25 jury and judge-alone trials. She has also appeared in complex trials including murder trials as junior counsel in the Australian Capital Territory, regulatory prosecutions, appellate proceedings, sentences and bail applications.
Emilija has tutored Evidence Law at the Australian National University and guest lectured at Western Sydney University.
Admissions to Practice
- 2021, Called to the Bar
- 2012, Admitted as a solicitor
- 2011, Bachelor of Laws
- 2012, Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2019, Senior Lawyer, Australian Government Solicitor
- 2018, Solicitor Advocate, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (NSW)
- 2014, Acting Deputy Registrar, ACT Supreme Court (secondment)
- 2013, Prosecutor, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ACT)
- 2012, Solicitor, boutique civil law firm Canberra
- 2012, Research Officer, St Vincent de Paul Society
- 2011, Legal Assistant, International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, The Hague
- 2010, Judge’s Associate/Tipstaff, ACT Supreme Court
Selected appearancesInstructing counsel
- Booth v Kaya  FCA 25
- Booth v Kaya (No 2)  FCA 1119
- Booth v Khazaal  FCA 1241
- Booth v Khazaal (No 2)  FCA 1528
- R v Lavan  NSWDC 263 (following trial)
- R v Sheedy  ACTSC 256 (following trial)
- R v Bourne  ACTSC 181
- R v Visser  ACTSC 40 (following trial)
- R v Dalton; R v Fleet  ACTSC 204
- Ursino v Mulino  ACTSC 201
- Sladic v McDonough  ACTSC 257
- TW v Simpson  ACTSC 207
- Quzag v The Queen  ACTCA 9
- In the matter of an application for bail by Glenn Stuart Dalton  ACTSC 253