To view all barristers click here
Called to the bar in 2019
Areas of practice
Catherine has experience in superior and inferior Courts, including appellate Courts, as well as the New South Wales Civil & Administrative Tribunal. Catherine accepts briefs to appear in all Australian Courts and Tribunals, including regional and remote locations across New South Wales and interstate.
Catherine specialises in criminal defence and prosecution before judges and juries, work health and safety, inquests and commissions of inquiry and clinical and professional negligence matters. Catherine has delivered presentations on federal prosecution, with a focus on human trafficking and slavery, to federal and state police around the country and in Vietnam to the Vietnamese judiciary and police. Catherine draws on the extensive knowledge and experience she gained as a Senior Federal Prosecutor at the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions. During that time, Catherine spent almost four years appearing as an advocate in high profile and complex prosecutions involving large scale drug importation and possession, human exploitation and border protection, fraud (including fraud against the revenue), money laundering, child pornography, telecommunications offences and extradition proceedings.
Prior to Catherine’s work as a prosecutor, she worked as a solicitor in commercial litigation for two and a half years, specialising in construction and strata disputes in the Supreme Court of NSW and the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
Catherine also practised as a foreign qualified lawyer in London for two years at the Office of Fair Trading, specialising in regulatory fraud investigations in the consumer credit industry.
ADMISSIONS TO PRACTICE
- 2019 Called to the Bar of New South Wales
- 2011 Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws
- 2011 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2019–present, Barrister, Wardell Chambers
- 2016-2019 – Federal Prosecutor, Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- 2015 – Contract Lawyer, Allens
- 2013 – 2015 – Lawyer, Chambers Russell Lawyers
- 2011 – 2013 – Australian Qualified Lawyer, Office of Fair Trading, London, United Kingdom
- Member, New South Wales Bar Association