To view all barristers click here
Kieran specialises in criminal defence and prosecution before judges and juries, care and protection, regulatory prosecutions, inquests and commissions of inquiry and intentional torts. Kieran has appeared as an advocate in superior and inferior courts, including appellate courts. He accepts briefs to appear in all Australian courts and tribunals, including in regional and remote locations.
Kieran draws on the extensive knowledge and experience he gained as a solicitor at the NSW Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions. During that time, Kieran spent almost five years working on high profile and complex prosecutions including tax fraud and money laundering, violent crime, sexual offences, drug offences, child pornography, and extradition proceedings.
Kieran has also worked as a Senior Research Officer at the Judicial Commission of New South Wales, where he built on his experience as a solicitor to gain an in-depth understanding of developments in criminal law in New South Wales.
ADMISSIONS TO PRACTICE
- 2020 Called to the Bar of New South Wales
- 2012 Admitted as an Australian Lawyer and Officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2009 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)/Bachelor of Laws (Monash University)
- 2011 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2020 – present Barrister, Wardell Chambers
- 2018 – 2019 Solicitor, New South Wales Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
- 2016 – 2018 Federal Prosecutor, Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- “Appellate authority on the role of the Prosecutor”, Criminal Law Journal 42 (3) 2018: p.186-190 42 Crim LJ 186
- Editor, NSW Society of Labor Lawyers Legal Tweaks, 2019
- Contributions to NSW Society of Labor Lawyers Legal Tweaks, 2016-2020
- New South Wales Bar Association
- NSW Society of Labor Lawyers